Colorado Youth Referee Certification
Open to high school students and adults for Spring 2020 training!
(Registration now open!)
In order to officiate youth games for the Spring 2020 season, all officials will be required to be US Lacrosse certified.
February 23rd - 10am - 4:30pm at Cherry Creek High School
(Registration begins at 9:30am)
March 1st – 10:30am to 3:30pm at Centarus High School
(Registration begins at 10:00am)
1st and 2nd Year Officials must complete the following steps for certification.
Please review all steps before beginning registration
Step 1: Register and pay online for the Officials training session here:
- Click Here to register for 3/1 training in Boulder
- If you will attend 2/23 training hosted by AYL, but intend to primarily officiate CYLA games this spring, please complete both registration sessions. You will be re-directed if you select 2/23 in the registration link above.
- If you will attend 2/23 training and intend to primarliy officiate AYL games, please only complete the AYL registration by Clicking Here
Step 2: Join USLacrosse as an 'official' at http://www.uslacrosse.org
(Click on the 'JOIN' tab in the upper right hand corner of the page)
- If you are already a member of US Lacrosse as a player, call their membership service department and add officiating to your membership.
Step 3: Complete US Lacrosse on-line training PRIOR to attending classroom session.
- PRIOR TO ATTENDING CLASSROOM SESSION, complete US Lacrosse on-line training.
- Click here to begin by visiting uslacrosse.org
- Under the Officials tab, select online courses. At this point you may be asked to log in to your US Lacrosse membership
- Click on the Catalog button in the middle of the page
- Under Catalog, select the ‘Officials’
- Select Option 2: 'Men's Game Officials’
- Select Option 3: “Rules Courses & Webinars’
- Select Option 3: ‘Boys Lacrosse Rules Online Course'
- Add the course to your cart, and proceed to checkout (this course is free with US Lacrosse membership)
- After you have completed the course purchase, go into your courses and click 'Launch'
- Complete course in order to receive your certificate.
- Upon completion of the course, you must print off your certificate of completion and bring it with you to the classroom session
Step 4: Attend Training Session: 2/23 OR 3/1
- This session will include a review of all pertinent rules, field mechanics and taking the US Lacrosse test.
Step 5: Complete the 2020 Boys Youth Rule Test and High School Test AFTER Training Session:
- Click here to begin. At this point you may be asked to log in to, or register with, your US Lacrosse membership
- Click on 'Access Exams' and then the Catalog button in the middle of the page
- Under Catalog, select the 'Officials' tab.
- Select Option 1: 'Annual Rules Exams'
- Select Enroll next to '2020 Youth Boys Exam', and then 'Launch' on the next page
- Go through the entire course in order to complete and receive your certificiate.
- Do the same for '2020 NFHS Boys Exam'
- Upon completion of the course, you must print off your results that show you have completed the test.
- You can apply for the New Officials Equipment grant through US Lacrosse to recieve: (1) short sleeved officials shirt, (1) fingergrip or lanyard whistle, reusable scorecard, flip coin, officials hat, (2) flags, and a tape measure. CLICK HERE for more info & application
Step 6: New officials who have never worked a game must shadow experienced officials for two games (without pay). Once the two games have been worked, you will begin to receive payment.
- This Certification will be directed by a US Lacrosse certified trainer, and will include several RMLOA experienced training officials
Minimum age requirement is a high school student.
Items to complete and bring to the training:
- Join US Lacrosse as an OFFICIAL (You can also include being a player.)
- Complete the Online training course (see directions above) and bring your copy of the completion certificate.
- Register for online training
- Remember your rulebooks
- Bring your Lunch
- Class will feature indoor & outdoor session, please dress/pack accordingly
- Something to take notes on